Virology research is highly cross-disciplinary. Thus, the Madison Virology Program (MVP) does not award degrees, but integrates students from multiple graduate programs on campus into a single collective focusing on all aspects of virology research.
Students desiring to study virology at UW-Madison are encouraged to apply to the graduate program listed below that best suits their academic interests.
- Biophysics (BPhys) www.biophysics.wisc.edu
- Biotechnology Training Program (BTP) www.btp.wisc.edu
- Cancer Biology (CB) www.cancerbiology.wisc.edu
- Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) www.cmb.wisc.edu
- Cellular and Molecular Pathology (CMP) www.cmp.wisc.edu
- Comparative Biomedical Sciences (CBMS) www.vetmed.wisc.edu/ms-phd/
- Genetics (Gen) www.genetics.wisc.edu/PHDGradProgram.htm
- Genomic Sciences Training Program (GSTP) www.gstp.wisc.edu
- Graduate Program in Clinical Investigation (GPCI) ictr.wisc.edu/graduateprogram
- Integrated Program in Biochemistry (IPiB) www.ipib.wisc.edu
- Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) www.med.wisc.edu/education/mstp-mdphd/medical-scientist-training-program-mstp/390
- Microbes in Health and Disease (MHD) https://mhdtg.wisc.edu/
- Microbiology Doctoral Training Program (MDTP) www.microbiology.wisc.edu
- Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP) www.molpharm.wisc.edu
- Parasitology and Vector Biology Training Program (PVB) www.vetmed.wisc.edu/pbs/cmp
Virology Training Program (NIH T32 pre- & postdoc) www.mcardle.wisc.edu/...